As Canada's largest trade and industry association, CME believes in encouraging safe workplaces. A companies most important resource is it`s people. Workers should go home in the same condition they came to work in. Happy and whole. A safe work environment improves productivity. First, less time is lost to injury. Second, happier workers are more productive. If employees know employers care about their safety morale is higher and absenteeism lower.
Safety does not have to be burdensome. CME and our partners bring a number of tools to help save time and money with respect to safety implementation and compliance.
A Manufacturers' Safety Council (MSC) is an exclusive peer group of occupational health and safety professionals from CME member companies. A MSC provides a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of current health and safety issues. Meetings are highly interactive and participants help each other resolve their health and safety challenges.
Important safety messages for you and your workers:
- WS2014-12: Slips, Trips and falls in Manufacturing
- WS2014-09: Make sure all moving parts have stopped completely when locking out machinery
- WS2014-02: Clean-up of hazardous combustible dust
- WS2014-01: Combustible dust hazard: Refusing unsafe work
- WS2013-01: Safeguarding converyors