Sales, Marketing and Exporting Council (SMEC)
A Sales, Marketing and Exporting Council (SMEC) is an exclusive group of senior representatives from non-competing CME member companies interested in expanding sales into markets outside of British Columbia.
An SMEC is a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of business development issues for local and international markets. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Common participants in an SMEC include Vice-Presidents, Directors and Senior Managers of Marketing, Sales and/or Business Development, and International Business Development.
Resolving sales, marketing, business development, and international trade challenges.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Business development best-practices
- Market opportunity research
- Lead identification
- Customer relationship management
- Business to Business and member to member supplier opportunities
- Working with distributors and agents
- Market growth
- International opportunities
- Tips for foreign market entry
How It Works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has senior level sales and marketing executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
For more information or to join an SMEC, please contact
Direct: 604 713-7804
***Participation in an SMEC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing!