Manufacturers' Safety Council (MSC)
A Manufacturers' Safety Council (MSC) is an exclusive group of occupational health and safety professionals from CME member companies.
A MSC peer council provides a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of current health and safety issues. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their health and safety challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Common participants in a MSC include safety managers, occupational health and safety professionals, supervisors and lead hands.
Resolving health and safety issues faced by small and medium sized manufacturers.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Safety best-practices
- Risk management
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation compliance
- WorkSafeBC policies and procedures
- Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence / Certificate of Recognition
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Machinery safeguards
- Workers compensation
- First Aid
- Injury Management
- Return to Work
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and dust
- Hazardous materials management
How It Works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has senior-level experience in occupational health and safety.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
For more information or to join an MSC, please contact
Direct: 604 713-7804
***Participation in an MSC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing!