Manufacturers' Human Resource Council (MHRC)
A Manufacturers' Human Resources Council (MHRC) is an exclusive group of senior representatives and professionals from non-competing CME member companies responsible for labour, employment and human resource matters within their company.
A MHRC is a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of current human resource management issues in both a union and non-union environment. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Common participants in a MHRC include Vice-Presidents, Directors and Senior Managers of Human Resources.
Resolving shop floor and administrative human resource management and labour issues faced by manufacturers.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Human resource management best-practices
- Improving employee relations
- Enhancing employee engagement
- Recruitment and retention best-practices
- Increased understanding of labour policy and employment standard legal requirements
- Training and skills development
- Compensation models and controlling benefit costs
- Performance management and incentive systems
- Workers’ compensation
- Bullying and harassment policies
How It Works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has C-suite or senior level executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
- MHRC meetings qualify as HRMA continuing education credits.
For more information or to join a MHRC, please contact
604 713-7800 ext. 5220
604 713-7800 ext. 5210
***Participation in a MHRC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing!