Manufacturers' Finance Council (MFC)
A Manufacturers' Finance Council (MFC) is an exclusive group of Chief Financial Officers, senior representatives and professionals from non-competing CME member companies responsible for finance, tax, accounting and strategic planning matters within their company.
A MFC is a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of current topics. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Common participants in a MFC include Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, Vice-Presidents, Directors and Senior Managers of Finance.
Resolving financial, budget and strategic management issues faced by manufacturers and exporters.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Financial reporting/budget management issues
- Cash flow analysis
- Compliance with financial legislation
- Improving business line performance metrics
- Business transformation
- Strategic business growth
- Capital expenditure
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Process integration
- Cost controls
- Tax planning and structuring
- Investment attraction
- Treasury, interest rates and foreign exchange
- Management of sales tax/GST matters
- Taking advantage of government grants and incentives
- Contracts and vendor management
- Corporate systems
How It Works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has C-suite or senior level executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
- MFC meetings qualify for CPA professional development credits.
For more information or to join a MFC, please contact
Direct: 604 713-7804
***Participation in a MFC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing!