Manufacturers' Executive Council (MEC)
A Manufacturers' Executive Council (MEC) is an exclusive group of owners and senior executives from non-competing CME member manufacturers who meet monthly to gain strategic insights, share ideas, and learn from each other’s experiences.
A MEC is a peer-mentoring forum where executives can exchange confidential business information related to the ongoing operations and growth of their businesses. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their strategic and operational business challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Participants in a MEC include Owners, Presidents, CEOs and General Managers of small and medium sized manufacturers.
Resolving strategic business issues affecting future growth.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Market growth
- Facility location and expansion
- Sales and marketing
- Human resource issues
- "Its lonely at the top"
- Succession planning
- Transitioning to the next generation of family ownership
- Executive teamwork
- Leadership skills development
- Performance incentives
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investment, private equity and due diligence
- Accessing government grants and funding
How It Works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has C-suite or senior level executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
Several MECs exist across BC with groups in the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, Thompson-Okanagan and Vancouver Island.
For more information or to join an MEC, please contact
Direct: 604 713-7804
***Participation in an MEC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing!