British Columbia Council of Manufacturers (BCCM)
The British Columbia Council of Manufacturers (BCCM) is a very exclusive group of owners and CEOs from large manufacturers based in British Columbia. The group meets bi-monthly to discuss business competitiveness, strategic growth, global operations and learn from each other’s experiences.
The BCCM is a peer forum for business leaders to can exchange confidential business information related to the ongoing operations and growth of their businesses. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their strategic and operational business challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
Participants in the BCCM include Owners, Presidents, CEOs and General Managers of large manufacturers with annual revenues generally in excess of $250 million and the companies are global players.
Strategic business issues affecting future growth.
Sample Discussion Topics
- Leadership development
- Human resource issues
- Executive teamwork
- Succession planning
- Market growth
- Global operations
- Facility location and expansion
- Corporate structures
- Tax regimes
- Sales and marketing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investment, private equity and due diligence
- Policy, legislation and regulations that undermine competitiveness
- Government advocacy
How It Works
- Exclusive group of senior business leaders.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- Every 6 to 8 weeks, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ factories or facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
Several MECs exist across BC with groups in the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, Thompson-Okanagan and Vancouver Island.
For more information or to join a MEC, please contact
604 713-7800 ext. 5220
604 713-7800 ext. 5210
***Participation in the BCCM is by invitation only.